Now that the semester is over and finals are complete, I can finally sit down with a cup of tea and write a little bit.
A couple weekends ago it was Bedlam for Oklahoma. The weekend where the two major universities of the state, The University of Oklahoma (OU) and Oklahoma State University (OSU), match up for their yearly football game. This year was a little extra special because it was also the game for the Big 12 Championship title.
Bedlam in my family is watched religiously every year. My family has many OSU alumni and I’m currently studying at OU. This year, I was able to come home and join my family to watch the game at my Grandma’s house.
My mom and I were wanting to make a treat for the game, so we decided to whip up some Paleo Pumpkin Cranberry Macaroons to stick with the flavors of the season while bring in the colors of the two teams: red and orange!
- 4 cups of shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries (sweetened with apple juice)
- 1 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 15 oz. of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Put the honey, coconut oil, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice in a pretty good sized saucepan. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for about 15ish minutes.
- Remove it from the heat and add in the vanilla, cranberries, and shredded coconut. Stir em’ up.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, form the cookies from the “dough”. about a tablespoon or so of “dough” per cookie. Just depends on how big or small you want them.
- Put them in the fridge for a couple hours to set up. If you can… perfectly okay to just eat the “dough”. But, I’d recommend letting the chill for a bit.
There ya go! Easy as that! A quick, no bake, no gluten, no refined sugar, no nuts, no dairy, sweet treat to fix up on a game day, a holiday, a birthday, or a just a plain old Tuesday!
Happy baking my friends!